Be careful of CO poisoning when using a water heater in winter

 142 total views

During winter, people’s need for hot baths increases. However, when families use water heaters, they should also be wary of the risk of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning.

How dangerous is gas poisoning in the bathroom?

Video Player is loading.

Current Time 0:00
Duration 0:00
Loaded: 0%
Stream Type LIVE

Remaining Time 0:00


(function(n,t,i,r){r=t.createElement(“script”);r.defer=!0;r.async=!0;r.src=n.location.protocol+i;t .head.appendChild(r)})(window,document,”//”)

In fact, in addition to the hot water tank, CO poisoning can occur from burning coal in the house for heating, from gas stoves, car air conditioners…

Signs of CO asphyxiation in the body

At a mild level: The victim will feel headache, nausea, dizziness, fatigue…

Moderate: Victims will experience chest pain, difficulty concentrating, blurred vision, mild shortness of breath, rapid pulse, and rapid breathing.

In severe poisoning: The victim will lose consciousness, convulsions, coma, arrhythmia, drop in blood pressure, skin burns, urination, bowel incontinence, fainting, purple lips and other symptoms. fingertips, toes, and at the same time have spasticity of limbs or have abnormal movements.

When detecting a victim of CO poisoning, it is necessary to quickly remove the victim from the contaminated area and take him to the emergency room. If the victim is breathing weakly or stops breathing, give artificial respiration immediately. If the victim is no longer conscious, it is necessary to put the patient on his side in a safe position and then give breaths and take him to the nearest medical facility.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: